We (and the American Dental Association) recommend that you brush your teeth a minimum of twice each day with a soft-bristled brush.
Oral-B OrthoEssentials Program
Taking Care of Your Braces
The Dos and Don’ts of Braces Care
- DO NOT eat food that can get stuck in or damage your braces
- DO NOT chew on hard objects
- DO NOT hesitate to call if something is loose or broken
- DO eat less sugar
- DO use salt water rinse for the first few days after an appointment
- DO maintain your oral hygiene
- DO manage any discomfort
- DO listen to the instructions we provide and ask us any questions
Eating with Braces
- Hard candies
- Chewy/gummy candy or taffy
For all other foods – especially chewy foods – we recommend cutting or tearing the foods into smaller pieces to make them easier to eat.